So I got a new lens on Cyber Monday AND we are weeks (or maybe even days) away from meeting Anne Thomas. This morning I decided to document her nursery, before her arrival, as we anxiously await for her to live in here someday. As many of you know, we moved into our house about a year and a half ago and it has been the most fun getting every room decorated and/or renovated. We recently finished a bathroom renovation, which I’ll have to share here one day too but by FAR, this has been my most favorite room to decorate. It has been so exciting picking out each detail – so much so that many nights whenever I couldn’t sleep, that’s exactly what I was doing. For much of my pregnancy and even more so now, I would wake up around 2 or 3 AM each morning, unable to fall back asleep (I call this God’s way of preparing me for a newborn). This time was spent thinking, hoping and praying about the day I will get to meet our sweet daughter BUT ALSO nursery planning.
In the beginning, I didn’t really want a themed nursery but in the end, it sort of/kind of ended up having a golden retriever puppy theme. I ended up getting some brass golden retriever bookends from an antique shop in Columbia and then I just spiraled. After that, I got two golden retriever prints to go above the bookshelf from an Etsy shop, a golden retriever stuffed animal for the crib and a golden retriever mobile (the only thing not in these pictures since I’m waiting on the mobile hanger).
Some other sweet things I love about the nursery:
– The prints above the crib are the lyrics to “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift – a song that I LOVE. I used to not be able to listen to it without crying and really still can’t haha. Matt and I will listen to it occasionally now and get excited about meeting AT.
– The rocking horse and Peter Rabbit books are from Matt’s nursery.
– The “Baby’s Sleeping” pillow on the door is from my nursery.
– The quilt on the crib was made by my Granny. It’s truly something I will treasure for years and I hope AT does too. My Granny made THREE quilts for this sweet baby – one was blue because we all swore I was having a boy, the next one was a similar pattern to this one for a girl however Granny didn’t love it as much as a finished product and THIS one – which honestly couldn’t be more perfect.
– We have two pictures on Anne Thomas’ bookshelf that mean a ton to us because they are of her namesake. Matt is named after his great grandfather (his middle name) – Thomas, who is in one picture and I am named after my great grandmother (my first name) – Annie, who is in the other picture as a baby. The name Anne Thomas is fitting for those two reasons however I worked with a girl and Anne Thomas was her sister’s name. I told Matt about it one day as an idea since I always loved it and we realized it was PERFECT.
– The angel print in the corner was painted by a dear family friend, Lexie. Lexie passed away over a year ago however her story and testimony is truly incredible. It means so much to be able to hang a print in the nursery of an angel she painted.
Crib: Little Seeds Rowan Valley Linden Crib
Crib Sheets: Serena & Lilly Oxford Stripe Crib Sheet
Crib Skirt: Tadpoles Microfiber Crib Skirt with Tassels
Crib Mobile (Not Pictured by Coming Soon): NestingMarketplace Golden Retriever Crib Mobile
Antelope Pillow: LowCountryHome Fawn Antelope Print Pillow Cover 20X20
Monogrammed Pom Pillow: PB Teen Pom Pom Organic Pillow Cover 12X24
Golden Retriever Stuffed Animal: WEWILL Stuffed Puppy
Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree: Kirklands Natural Look Fiddle Leaf Fig 6 Feet
Blue and White Planter: Vintage from my Granny
Tall Lamp: Target – a couple years ago
Gold Bamboo Frames: Flagship Bamboo Frames 16X20 (No Longer Available)
Custom Lyric Prints: Specs Design Co on Etsy – No Longer in Business
Seagrass Basket: HomeGoods
Vintage Rocking Horse: Vintage from Matt’s Nursery
Closet Doors: Custom Made
Closet Door Hardware: HookandKnob Lucite and Brushed Gold Drawer Pull
Bookshelf: Hayneedle Classic Playtime Bennington Bookcase
Leopard Ginger Jars: Lauren Haskell Designs Light Pink Leopard Print Ginger Jars – Small and Medium
Small Fake Plant: Marshall’s
Golden Retriever Prints: MonkandAbbey Golden Retriever Watercolor Prints
Wooden Bamboo Frames: Goodwill
Pink Pom Basket: Gift – Not Sure of Source
Golden Retriever Book Ends: Timeless Home Furnishings
Small Gold Bamboo Frames: HomeGoods
Baby’s Sleeping Sign: Vintage from My Nursery
Mirror: Target French Country Mirror 42X30
Changing Pad: Keekaroo Peanut Diaper Changing Pad
Lamp: Safavieh Jill 25.5 Inch White Double Gourd Table Lamp
Prayer Beads: Gift from a Shop in Sumter, SC
Glider: Babyletto Kiwi Electronic Recliner and Swivel Glider – White Linen (Personally we purchased from Baby Furniture Plus Kids because they are awesome)
Soft Stool: Ross Dress for Less
Half Table: Facebook Marketplace
Sound Machine: Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine Night Light
Light Fixture: Decor Market Safavieh Pierce Bamboo 3 Light Flush Mount
Curtain Rod: Umbra Cappa 66 to 120 Inch Curtain Rod in Brass
Curtain Hardware: Umbra Cappa Clip Rings in Brass
White Curtains: Primitive Linen Look 100% Blackout Curtains with Liner
White Rug: Southeastern Salvage